Friday 2 September 2016

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick a.k.a THE Best Lip Product | Review.


I am going to let you in on my best beauty secret yet! Prepare to receive the most compliments you can imagine because this product seriously kicks ass. 
In my last haul I mentioned that I had picked up 3 shades of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks in the colours 'Nude-ist', 'Don't pink of it', and 'Cool Brown.' Since wearing this product every day to work I have been inundated with compliments and I've even had them compared to Mac and Kylie Jenner's lip kits!


So, for me the ultimate test for a lip product which claims to last 24 hours (as does this one) is to wear them to work. I tend to have an 8-10 hour day which is a long time for a lipstick to last. Over the course of three different days I wore each colour to test the longevity of each one because sometimes different colour shades can last longer or not at all depending on if it's a dark or light shade.

I applied the product at 7am on each morning. Usually 5 minutes or so after application I will eat my breakfast and although there was a small transfer of the product onto the spoon my lips looked no different- still high in colour and no patchniess. Also what I would recommend is applying 1 coat and leaving it to dry. Too many coats and the product starts to clump making your lips look dry and flaky. The consistency is smooth and it does glide on beautifully and the formula isn't drying on the lips at all. Four and a half hours into the day is when I have something to eat. Even after having my coffee the colour was still there! I did have to reapply once again after my lunch around 3pm but other than that when I got home at 19:30 the colour was still there on my lips. The Cool Brown shade I did reapply twice throughout the day and as for the Nude-ist shade I applied that once again. This product is seriously impressive from the colour range, longevity and price tag. Although I will say the name is a little deceiving as 'velvet' suggests a soft finish, but once these have dried they are full on mattes with an almost powdery finish.

Cool Brown - 



Nude-ist - I wouldn't go by the shade name of this product because its definitely more a berry pink. 



Don't pink of it - a soft shade of pink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment