Saturday 3 March 2018

I still remember the days I prayed for the things I have now. | Lifestyle.


Hello, everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. It's been a really productive Saturday morning for me, the laundry is washed and drying, I cleaned and tidied my bedroom and finally did all those annoying little jobs that needed doing but I just kept putting off. It's currently snowing outside, I've got incense on the go with a real 'feel good' film on. It just seemed the perfect setting to sit down and do a catch up with my blog.

I guess one of the reasons I felt compelled to sit down and write this blog post is to maybe... remind myself of the positives in my life. Recently, I've been feeling more on the negative side. I seem to feel a little lost at the moment. I'm 25, always putting myself down for not 'earning enough money', I still don't have enough money saved for a house, I'm not fully working within a 'career', I've got no oomph to get up and go in the mornings. It seems all I do is push myself out of bed, crave the evenings and long for the weekends. Enough is enough.

Now, it wouldn't be fair to say 2018 started off on a bad note because it didn't. It's just that nothing seemed really different. No progress had been made. No passion had come to surface. My life was...the same. Except for the fact I had the most exciting holiday to look forward to in February... Iceland! Of course, it came and went quicker than ever and I was devastated it had ended.
I sat down with myself one day back in January and asked myself 'what do you want to do with your life?' I must say for the first time in a long time it finally hit me. I want a job that is not just a job but a career. I've been doing a lot of research, design work and really getting into the spirit of things and I know it's going to be very hard work but one day I will finally make my dream a reality. I know that I'm going to have to work 7 days a week, hold down a job for income, devote weekends to working on my dream but it will be so worth it. So I keep telling myself!

On another note and the real reason, this post is happening is a means to remind myself that no matter how down I am that there is so much more to be positive about. 
I was going through the notes on my phone the other day when I came across a note titled 'Save for:'. It was dated  22/05/2017, intrigued I opened it and couldn't believe what was on the list. I'd made this note as a reminder to myself of the things I wanted to achieve that year and without even realising it, I managed to achieve 4 of 6 things on the list. The list consisted of 
-A new phone
-A Bike
-Iceland
-Asian 2 week trip
-Invisalign
-Dermatologist

You may notice that this is one very pricey list. But in under a year, I'd managed to buy myself a new bicycle, get Invisalign, buy a new iPhone 7plus, and go to Iceland for a week. You may have read the quote currently located at the top of this blog post. I'd seen this quote many months ago and the second I read that note it came to mind. It made me stop and think that no matter how down I'm feeling, or how much I'm not enjoying my current situation that I always need to just 'remember the days I prayed for what I have now.' This applies to you too. If you're currently stuck in a rut and you hate your job, or you don't have enough money or your friends around you are buying their own house's, have kids then just remember ... always be proud of what YOU yourself have managed to do that has made YOU happy. 

To end this post I'm sharing my new 'Save For:' list that I've made on my phone so hopefully, in one years time, I can be proud of myself again. The list is as follows: 
-Keep saving every penny for that house
-Explore your passion and turn that job into a career

2018 will be the quiet year, the year my head stays down and I work, work, work so that 2019 can be THE year!

Keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment