Saturday 8 July 2017

Fruit Picking At Durleighmarsh Farm | Lifestyle.

Fruit picking is something I've always wanted to do and with every new year I mention it to Alex but we still never seemed to go. However this year we were going to make it happen! I took to the Durleighmarsh Farm website as this is our closest fruit & veg picking farm to see when the best time was to go, July looked to be the perfect month predominantly for fruit. So, making a note in my diary with a set date the day eventually came round and perfect timing too what with the gorgeous weather. After a very long week at work, Alex and I were very excited for the weekend not only to relax with each other but to do something fun.

We were greeted at home on Friday evening to a BBQ and Pimms, the perfect start to a weekend. Waking this morning at 9:30, we got ourselves ready and headed straight to Bill's in Farnham. I enjoyed the banana, strawberries and blueberries buttermilk pancakes with watermelon, peach and raspberry juice, while Alex had eggs royale and a cappuccino. After what has to be the best breakfast one can have it was straight to the farm. The weather was gorgeous and whilst we walked around we picked away at the blueberries and strawberries. We must've spent about two-ish hours walking around and I have to say there is something so satisfying about picking your own fruit. Not only can you avoid the gone off/too ripe parts but you get to pick all the best bits at a fraction of supermarket costs. If you've always wanted to go I would definitely recommend it. You get to spend some time outdoors (my favourite thing), have a little laugh with your partner/friends and get lots of cheap fruit. I am 100% one day going to have fruit bushes in my garden to pick from.

On to the photos.




xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment