Monday 3 July 2017

Croatia In Outfits | Fashion.

Hello everyone!

Now, we all know packing for a holiday is one of the most difficult things us girls can do because who wants to be seen in last years holiday outfits. I know for myself especially I like to buy new clothes for a holiday but also take a few pieces from last year to mix with something new. This is a great way of recycling clothes without having to wear the exact same outfit. Say for example you love a particular top, you could buy new trousers, shorts or even a skirt to make it look new when in reality you've worn it for the past 5 holidays.

This is just a peek into the outfits I wore during my time in Croatia. I wanted to keep it classy because I feel that I'm at an age (yes, I'm only 24) where I don't really want my bum cheeks hanging out anymore. I picked up these pieces over the past 3 months, just buying bits randomly that I came across on websites and as for bikinis, well I had to buy brand new ones because my other bikinis had become very well used from travelling- straight in the bin.

When it comes to packing for holidays I love to pack smart. I know it's easy to just take every single item you love and pair together outfits when you're out there but this year Alex and I were only taking one suitcase ... yes, that's right two people were going to be using the same suitcase, so I definitely had to smart pack. The day before we left I took down all my favourite items including all my new bits. I then organised them into day outfits and evening/dinner outfits as well as what I'd wear on the day of leaving and the day coming back. I paired everything together and actually found myself putting a whole load of clothes back I just wouldn't need. Luckily for us, everything did fit bringing our bag to whopping 19kg.

On to the fun bit ... outfits!

Day 1. 
I wanted to be comfortable for the flight but also warm for the aeroplane aircon/cool for the arrival. This outfit was perfect because these trousers are super comfortable. I wasn't at all cold on the flight nor was I too hot when we spent the day exploring. The entire outfit is from Miss Selfridge, the bralette and my bag are from TopShop and my sandals which are years old are from Next.



Day 2.
On this day we were going to be exploring the famous wall. This dress is so comfortable and flattering on the body but also very cooling to wear. I picked this up recently from Asos from a brand called Pixie & Diamond. The bag again is Topshop and the flip-flops are Havaianas.
To take this outfit from day to night I removed the belt it came with and replaced it with a leather belt I bought from Asos. This just cinched in my waist and added something more to the outfit.

Day 3. 
On this day we were going to be heading for Lokrum island so I needed to be prepared for swimming and long walks. I decided to go for shorts as these are practical along with this gorgeous top I got from Zara. It's very airy and kept me very cool. The shorts are years old from Topshop and the flip-flops are the same as above. So, again you can see how I integrate my new items in with my older items.
For dinner that evening I wore this playsuit I've had for years from Missguided and my shoes purchased recently from Next, which I am obsessed with!

Day 4.
This little number is from Asos again purchased about 2 years ago. It's so comfortable and always a 'go to' for me. It's also great to wear so I can still tan.
For dinner, I wore this dress which has to be the oldest item in my wardrobe which oddly has never gone on holiday with me.

Day 5.
This day saw us going on a buggy safari so to keep most of my clothes from getting ruined I decided to wear my denim shorts and the black crop top I wore on day one. The shorts I'm wearing are from River Island and the kimono hanging from my back pocket is from Primark!
For the evening I wore this black dress which is my favourite piece! I bought this on Asos finally after umming and ahhing for months and it was the best decision.

Day 6. This was our last day to mooch around Dubrovnik so I went for comfort and practicality again wearing the little black number. I seriously love this dress so much!


Thank you for taking the time to read this post! I hope I've given you some inspiration or even just useful information to pack lighter. Comment below which outfit is your favourite!


No comments:

Post a Comment