Sunday 19 February 2017

Nailberry Luxury Nail Polish | Review.


Now, I'm the kind of person who is a serious health fanatic when it comes to products and what  I use. I am always on the look out to improve what I put onto my skin, hair and nails because why would you want to use something when you can't even read the ingredients? I've already whittled down my body wash, body cream, face care and deodorant to natural, kind to your skin products. 
My biggest quest was finding a nail polish that didn't leave my nails brittle and colour stained or having to resort to shellac. No nail polish in the world (apart from one ;) ) lets your nails breathe and if you're like me having bare nails is just a no no, but because my nails were always coated in polish I found they became weaker and kept breaking. That is until I discovered Nailberry L'Oxygéné nail polish which is the only one of its kind. 


"L’Oxygéné is an innovative lacquer which contains a breakthrough formulation that allows air and moisture to pass through the polish - resulting in healthier nails. 
It is also free from five of the major chemicals found in standard nail polishes:
The polish does not contain: Formaldehyde, DBP, Toluene, Synthetic Camphor, or Formaldehyde Resin
. Vegan and cruelty free."
Vegan and cruelty free... how could you not!! The colour range is large and there are definitely enough colours to suit one and all. Now, you're probably thinking this all sounds well and good but there must be a down side .. yes, the ONLY downside which if you can get your head around really isn't a downside is that these varnishes are priced from £14.50 eek yes, that is per bottle. The way I see it is that there shouldn't be a price on looking after your body by using kind to skin products. You could even treat yourself to one bottle a month and before you know it you have a little collection. Any product that is vegan/cruelty free and organic, which is going to take care of me is definitely worth a purchase. 
My biggest problem was choosing a colour(such a girl). I definitely wanted a winter shade and a lighter shade for spring/summer so I went with colours that I would usually wear. The colours I chose were 'Noirberry' and 'Almond'. I also threw in the Strengthen and Breathe base coat for those days I'm not wearing any colour. The problem with my nails is because they're so weak they need something on them just to harden them a little, so this one is great when I go colourless. The Strengthen and Breathe base coat applies with a lovely milky shade giving the illusion of healthy nails.


Noirberry
A beautiful shade of oxblood, these deep reds are always a go to for me. I love this colour! The application is very opaque and you only need two coats. With regards to the wear I would say, given my job role (visual merchandiser) it's a very hands on job so I did suffer with chips after two days however by the end of the week is wasn't awful.

Almond
This is a beautiful soft white shade with pink undertones. With this shade I applied 3 coats as my nails have ridges and the colour looked a little patchy with only two coats.

I would definitely recommend these polishes, they apply very well and are full of colour but still allow your nails to breathe and remain in a healthy condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment