Saturday 6 January 2018

Liberty London Beauty Advent Calendar 2017 | Review.

And just like that, all 25 beautiful beauty doors have been opened. I must admit I am beyond sad I will no longer be coming home every evening from work to open a beauty door. It has definitely been my highlight every day throughout the month of December.


This was my first Liberty Beauty Advent Calendar and what a treat it was. The vast amount of premium brands is unreal with so many I had been for years wanting to try. I am always the first to shy away when it comes to paying the high price for particular brands, especially as my skin is so temperamental. One of the (MANY) reasons why I have loved this calendar is partially due to finally being able to try these brands without the price tag, and although you're probably thinking, 'Um hun, you paid £175 for the calendar.' just think about it for a second. You're getting 25 premium brands that usually come with the price tag of between £40-£50 all for £175. Now, I cannot hide it from you I was VERY lucky to receive it for my birthday from my wonderful boyfriend but still! If you're a massive beauty lover like myself I would totally recommend purchasing next years although don't delay! This calendar sold out in 24 hours of going live online and within 3 days in store! Set your alarms girls!!

Now, onto the bit, you're all waiting for... what was inside!

Week 1.
-Aveda Volumizing Tonic 40ml.
"I help to  build body for medium to fine hair. I add shine for luscious-looking hair. I'm filled with essential oils to uplift your senses."
 

-Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant 13g.
"I am a highly active powder resurfacer that will leave your skin ultra-smooth, while fighting environmental triggers known to accelerate ageing. The charcoal in me purifies the skin helping to absorb environmental toxins from deep pores. I will guard against damaging effects of pollution."
 

-Hourglass Girl Lip Stylo in Influencer.
"I offer intense colour in a silky, weightless formula for a satin finish. I also contain hydrating shea butter and jojoba so won't dry out lips. I am a true handbag essential: easy one-handed application and no sharpening needed."
 
A slight mishap on their behalf as they sent me the colour 'Peacemaker' yet on my 'Reasons to love me' card it says, 'Influencer'. Never mind it's still a gorgeous colour.

-Margaret Dabbs Nourishing Nail & Cuticle Serum 15ml.
"I will strengthen, protect and hydrate nails and cuticles. Use me twice daily, applying a thin layer to the nail and cuticle area."
 

-Omorovicza Moor Cream Cleanser 30ml.
"I am a cleanser containing lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils, to cool the skin and reduce bacteria.I soothe all skin types and am great for purifying city skin." 
 

Week 2.
-Espa Pink Hair & Scalp Mud 30ml.
"I am a conditioning treatment made from rich red clays. I am renowned for leaving hair soft and smooth as silk. I am suitable for all types especially dry, weak and heat or chemically treated hair."

-Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturiser 10ml.
"Long-lasting, highly nourishing and ultra conditioning. I'm a hydrating gel that provides ultimate protection."

-Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Roller Ball 10ml.
"Step away from your hectic day and revive your mind. I'm full of natural extracts, including grapefruit, rosemary and juniper."

-Skin Laundry Purifying Cream Cleanser 65ml.
"I am a 3-in-1 cleanser, removing makeup, cleansing, and hydrating the skin. I am soap and sulphate free so won't leave your skin feeling dry or irritated."

-Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst.
"My creamy formula provides endless options for a flawless smokey eye. I am long wearing, transfer and crease-resistant. I am very easy to use."

Week 3.
-Liberty London Small Washbag in Strawberry Thief.
"I am made out of Liberty London's famous Strawberry Thief print, designed by William Morris in 1883. I am big enough to fit all your essentials but small enough to keep in your bag."

-NARS Orgasm Blush.
"I am a cult classic. My micronized powder ensures soft, blendable application."

-Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream 75ml.
"Use me for smoother, tighter, and more positively glowing skin. Rich in Guarana, an Amazonian plant, I help stimulate circulation. I have a wonderful pistachio almond fragrance."

-Eve Lom Cleanser 30ml.
"I'm great for achieving a radiant complexion with a smoother, more refined texture. I have a signature blend of four aromatic plant oils. I remove even the most stubborn of make up."

-bbrowbar Nourishing Brow Oil 11ml.
"I'm proven to strengthen and condition. I'm full of natural ingredients including sweet almond oil and lavender. The perfect overnight treatment to your brows."

Week 4.
-QMS Medicosmetics Activator Mini Travel Mask 10ml.
"Allow me to plump, smooth and hydrate your skin. I can improve the appearance of stressed and tired skin to look and feel completely refreshed."

-Surratt Smokey Eye Baton in Enticelle.
"I'm the ultimate liner shadow duo for a show stopping look both day and night. Define your eye with the copper liner and complement with the shadow brush for a shimmery smokey look. I am proven to blend beautifully for a long lasting look."

-Aurelia Probiotic Skincare Cell Repair Night Oil 30ml.
"I work to hydrate and soothe dull & dehydrated skin promoting a luminous dewy glow. I prevent skin ageing. I am 100% BioOrganic and smell amazing."

-Davines Oi Shampoo 90ml.
"I'm designed to soften hair, enhance shine and add volume. I'm the perfect daily shampoo, full of essential oils."
 

-Dr Sebagh Serum Repair 20ml.
"Apply me morning and night to your perfectly cleansed face prior to moisturiser. I am pleasantly light and easy absorbing. Use me any time to achieve an instant radiant look."

Week 5.
-BYREDO Hand Cream Bal D'Afrique 30ml.
"I am a non-greasy hand cream from BYREDO. I will keep your hands soft and smelling great throughout the day. Perfect for your handbag."

-Trish McEvoy Liquid Lip Colour in Power Red.
"I am a long-wearing lipstick with a matte finish. My formula is pigment-rich for colour which lasts all day while feeling light and comfortable on the lips."

-Votary Cleansing Oil 50ml.
"I am a popular favourite cleanser - my blend of rose, geranium and apricot smells absolutely incredible."

-Diptyque Pomander Candle 70g.
"A delicious orange scent studded with cloves and cinnamon. I am the essence of cosy Christmas evenings."

-Le Labo Thé Noir 29 EDP 15ml.
"I contain notes of bergamot, fig and bay leaves, wrapped up in a special scent, extracted from black tea leaves. I am a perfect unisex fragrance. I am the perfect size for topping up on the go." 
 

Is the Liberty Beauty Advent Calendar worth buying? YES, YES a hundred times yes! There is not a single product I will not use and although I've only tried a few to start with, I will certainly be using them all. The size of the miniatures is also incredibly generous. 
Can we take a moment to appreciate the calendar itself- it's ginormous and the pattern is truly stunning, not to forget it's a rarity in the advent world as you receive 25 doors instead of the usual 24. 
My absolute favourites (that I've actually sampled) are the Aveda Volumizing Tonic, Hourglass Girl Lip Stylo, Malin + Goetz Lip Moisturiser (I'm obsessed! It's on my Christmas wish list already!), Aromatherapy Associates Revive (smells divine), Liberty London Small Washbag, NARS Orgasm Blush (although I haven't used it yet, I've wanted it for years yay!), Diptyque Pomander Candle (I was so beyond pleased to get a Diptyque candle- saving it for next Christmas), and lastly I have come to adore the Le Labo Thé Noir fragrance! I cannot wait to tuck into the other goodies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment