Saturday 28 October 2017

Why I Love Autumn! | Lifestyle.

It's that time of year again - my absolute favourite! It's funny looking back to my younger self when I would claim summer as my favourite season. Thinking about it now it was most likely just because it involved two months off from school/college, summer clothes and basking in the sun browning my skin. Needless to say, I always looked forward to Autumn and Winter because hellloooo Christmas!

As I sit and write this I have the 'Addam's Family Values' on the TV, with my view of the outside consisting of very cloudy skies and orange leaves flying up in the air. This definitely called for an Autumn blog post talking you through my reasons on why I just adore this time of year.
Home.
Now, this is definitely my first port of call as this is personally where I feel the most Autumnal. 
When October 1st rolls around I find myself running out to buy as many warm, spicy fragrance candles as I can and obviously stocking up on Lush bath goodies! 

I picked up the tea light candles at Country Market and they smell amazing! The Yankee Candles I got from Forest Lodge- who doesn't love a trip to the garden centre!
With the clocks going back and the evenings getting darker and colder I find myself craving a bath. I have to say 'baths' are definitely my Autumn/Winter tradition as I mainly shower in the summertime. Seriously, nothing beats soaking in a hot tub when you're chilled to the bone from being outside. As for candles, I love walking into my bedroom after a relaxing bath to light as many candles as possible, with the fragrance sending me into relaxation mode.
Onto the topic of my bedroom, this is the place I make the most of being cosy. It's during this season that I whack out my fairy lights, cosy bedding, throws and blankets. All these things I pack away during Summer so I can fully appreciate them in the colder months. Alex and I recently went to Home Sense where I picked up this lovely throw for our bed. It's not your usual Autumnal colours but it's still super cosy! (Also wearing the new cosy pyjamas that I picked up recently from House of Fraser- brand Maison De Nimes.) Can't start the colder months without a new pyjama set, right?!
As well as bringing out all the cosy gear, this is also where I bring out all my 'Halloween feels' DVDs. My top picks include The Haunted Mansion, Casper, Casper Meets Wendy, Hocus Pocus, The Addam's Family, Addams Family Values, Ghost Busters and Practical Magic. You may notice these are all children's films ... don't get me wrong I love proper scary movies but these particular ones are my settle down to a cosy film and relax.

Fashion.
The best part about this time of year! I always find myself stocking up on yet MORE knitwear and jumpers as well as coats and jackets. It does seem that this time every year I treat myself to a new coat or ask for at least one for my birthday. My collection is ever growing and you would honestly think I own every style by now but no, there's always a new one to add. 
Last weekend I took to packing away all of my summer clothes and bringing back out my jumpers as well as stocking up on a few new pieces. My most recent purchases including a new scarf, two new jumpers, a shirt, a blouse, two dresses, pyjamas and two new pairs of trousers! As I said every year I invest in a new coat/jacket so this year for my birthday I have asked for a Tommy Hilfiger down padded jacket (coming my way from Alex) and this ultra-cool Zara Biker > Jacket < coming from Alex's rents. Yes. I'm a super lucky girl and I cannot wait to wear them with my Topshop biker boots! Bring on the cold weather!

Autumnal Walks
Absolutely the best time of year because it means you get to wrap up warm (in your new winter gear), pick pumpkins, search for conkers and then look forward to going home to get warm and cosy!

No comments:

Post a Comment