Saturday 28 October 2017

Autumnal Walks and Pumpkin Carving | Lifestyle.

It has definitely been one of those weeks where all I found myself doing was looking forward to the weekend. This past week I've been working 12-hour shifts, totalling a week of 52 hours worked. Safe to say I was exhausted come Friday and all I wanted to do was have a lovely, relaxing weekend with Alex. 

I can safely say I am devastated my weekend has come to an end but it has been so wonderful that I thought I would share with you how I unwind and make the most of my weekend.
On Friday evening after work, we popped to Sainsbury's to pick up some ready rolled puff pastry, strawberries and Nutella, ready for a weekend of naughty breakfasts. The second we got home I put a load of laundry on which I would recommend as it saves you dedicating your weekend to housework. Chores and dinner out of the way the first thing I did was have a relaxing bath using one of my Lush bath bombs and bubble bars. I must have spent at least an hour soaking in the tub watching some Youtube. The perfect start to a weekend!!

Saturday Morning 
After sleeping in until 10:15am I made Alex and I a delicious late breakfast of puff pastry and Nutella 'croissants' accompanied with strawberries and frothy coffee. To make these delicious beauties all you need to do is quarter the puff pastry sheet (vertically) and then cut each strip into three squares. Then add a teaspoon of Nutella onto each square. Fold one corner to the other and repeat on all squares. Bake for about 15 minutes and enjoy straight away!
After our yummy breakfast, we headed out to Waitrose to pick a pumpkin each which we took to carving after lunch. I love carving pumpkins and I'm definitely one of those people who really gets into it. Alex and I also washed off and roasted the seeds to prevent too much waste. After a fun afternoon of carving and roasting, we settled down in the evening to watch The Great British Bake Off- my absolute 'chill out' of a programme as it always makes me feel calm and cosy.
Toasted pumpkin seed recipe:
Wash the seeds, before placing onto a baking tray. 
Drizzle over some olive oil and nicely coat the seeds with sea salt, chilli powder, chilli flakes and paprika. Mix well. Roast for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees. 

Sunday morning saw us sleeping in again until 10am. We used the last of the puff pastry to make more Nutella 'croissants', again enjoying some strawberries, sliced banana and frothy coffee. It wouldn't be an unwinding weekend without an Autumnal walk through the woods. Today saw us go on a 1.5-hour walk through the woods which we both thoroughly enjoyed. It was just the right weather with blue-ish skies and a chilly wind- perfect to wrap up warm. 
Nothing, in my opinion, beats coming home after a long walk and snuggling down to watch a film. I put my comfy gear on and got to watching Hocus Pocus, very fitting for this time of year and the finale on my weekend. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and yourself have had a relaxing, cosy weekend.


xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment