Sunday 3 September 2017

What's In My Bag - Work Edition | Lifestyle.

I am definitely that girl you can always rely on when it comes to being out and about with because generally, I tend to carry just about everything with me. Now, don't get me wrong I may have everything in there from a memory stick to plasters but you certainly won't find any old nonsense in my bag as I like to keep it super tidy and remove old receipts/empty packets of food. I've seen far too many YouTube videos of women pulling out old furry sweets from months ago and being so surprised - ew.

My current choice of bag for going to work is this medium sized black tote from Topshop that I received for Christmas about 3-4 years ago. It's still going strong although in some places looks a little worse for wear, however, I refuse to use my expensive bags just to go to work. I mean have you seen the floors on trains/train stations- hell no are my nice bags touching those surfaces. I am however on the lookout for a black backpack to use as this bag can sometimes hurt my shoulder as it pulls me down slightly. I do have my eye on one from Dune currently. But generally speaking, I only use this bag for work as it's a little on the larger side and I tend to carry less with me than when I go shopping.

The first thing I pulled out is this makeup bag from Clinique. It's the perfect size to carry all those little bits that tend to float around your bag which you can never find when you need to. I literally keep everything in here from Sanitary wear, to Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, earphones, plasters, tissues, Compeed plasters (best invention), a mirror, tweezers, a brush, Gaviscon, hairclips/grips, lip balm and then I'll usually take my eyebrow brush and the lip liner I'm wearing that day. Is there anything I'm not carrying...


The next thing is my diary. I cannot be without this because I write down everything I need to remember from the dentist, haircuts, when I'm working, when Alex is working, birthdays etc. I even note down in the previous week to remind myself when I'm due these appointments. I am a very organised person when it comes to things I have to remember because I hate having to remember everything in my head. This diary cover I got from Etsy, it's just very simple and classic.

This slimline bag I got from Accessorize yeeeeeears ago and it's only ever had one purpose. I always keep Sanitary wear in here, and I never leave the house without refilling it. There's nothing worse than being stuck somewhere without the necessities not to mention I'm always helping out other girls in these particular emergencies. I got yo backs!

I always like to carry a fragrance wherever I go and this is something I learnt back from when I used to go to London. There's just something about being in London/on the underground that always without fail makes me feel really smelly. As a result, this got me into the habit of never leaving the house without a fragrance. This one my mum passed onto me and although it's not my favourite smell ever, it does have such a light floral fragrance that always makes me feel fresh.

Now, I can never be out of the house without a book. As I have to rely on the train to get myself to work and home I often find myself stuck at train stations/on trains with delays. There's nothing worse than being in a situation that's boring and you have nothing to do. This is the book I'm currently reading so it remains in my bag until I'm finished reading it.

Of course, I can never leave the house without my purse. This one is the perfect size as it carries everything I need without being too big.

I can't go to work without my trusty memory stick. The job I do involves having to photograph the work I create for my portfolio, so to keep my phone work free, whenever I'm done taking images I upload them to my memory stick. It's a wonderful 32gb.

Next up I have my glasses. I only technically have to wear these for long distance so mainly driving, going to the cinema or having to look long distance for a long period of time. Sometimes I find when I'm tired I feel the need to wear them so in my bag they always are.

As you have gathered I rely on the train so I always have to make sure I have my National Rail ticket holder on me as this has my 16-25 railcard and my I.D for when I buy a season ticket.

Due to having the Worlds worst battery on my phone I can never leave the house without my portable phone charger. This beauty has saved me every single day over the past year and I could not be without it. I would definitely recommend this one if you're on the lookout because I only have to charge it once a week, and I use it a lot! Lumsing

I always carry spare plastic bags in my bag as I'm usually doing some shopping while I'm at work like stocking up at Boots or going via Sainsbury's before going home. I, for one, do not like paying 5p for a bag (of course I do when I need to) but I prefer to be economical and reuse ones I already have. 

Lastly, I never leave the house without an umbrella even during the hottest summer months. This is because I for one do not trust the British weather. I've left the house in the mornings before with glorious sunshine only to find when I'm walking home the heaviest downpour of rain. Therefore I will never leave the house without my umbrella. This one is amazing I picked it up from Boots and it's so useful with the open button and incredibly strong too.



Well, there you have it. A little nosey into my bag. I know I can certainly be nosey when it comes to what other people have in theirs! 

Sade xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment