Friday 11 November 2016

My 24th Birthday In Bruges | Travel Diary 2016.

As I sit here writing this I feel incredibly sad that I am. I feel as if I should be in Bruges right now instead of sat on my bed writing about my time in Belgium. On the flip side I feel incredibly happy because I'm filled with plenty of amazing happy memories. Our time in Bruges was short and sweet but at no point felt too fast paced or as if time flew by in a blink.


I have definitely had the most amazing week off from work and although it's only been 1 week its definitely felt like longer which is just what I needed. 
It all began at 6pm on November, 1st when I left work- Alex picked me up which was the best because it meant not having to embark on a 1 hour train journey home. Straight home we had dinner and went to the cinema to see Ouija which was actually okay although a little ridiculous at times. On November 2nd, we had a really nice relaxing day and upon a drive home in the evening we saw the most amazing sunset. 

We also got our bags packed for the very exciting Bruges trip! We were up at 4:25am on November 3rd, to embark on a 4 part train journey where we nicely arrived at midday in Bruges. We stayed in a beautiful 4 star hotel which was so cosy and had such beautiful decor and atmosphere to the place. We spent the rest of the day exploring Bruges and wondering down street after street. I love seeing the touristy parts of a city but I certainly love exploring side streets and alleys. They always lead you to something amazing. Of course we had a waffle and spent the evening sampling beers over dinner. 
On the morning of my birthday November, 4th Alex woke me with a present- a beautiful necklace which I literally wore for the duration of the holiday and it was just so lovely to open at least one present as all my family gifts were still unopened at home. We went for breakfast in a beautiful restaurant/patisserie (which we ended up going to every morning) and had an incredible delicious breakfast. We walked to the lake of love, had a lovely lunch in an underground restaurant called Curiosa, visited the torture museum, chocolate museum, ate waffles so on and so fourth and then the best part...I had an entire whole lobster for dinner and it.was.amazing. 
Our third day in Bruges saw us go up the Belfry tower which despite the blue sky had the most bitter wind smacking at our faces. A visit to the beer museum (needed) which was incredibly insightful with a whole load of knowledge but the best part obviously was the 3 beer samples you got at the end. I must say I love Belgium fruit beer! Afterward we made a trip to Lizzies waffles to as you might guess enjoy more waffles before going on a desperate walk around the shops. 
Our last and final day we went on a boat trip to see the city from the water. It was a truly magical way to see one of our now favourite cities.

I LITERALLY the best time ever but sadly I haven't given too much away because the photos are the best part and personally I think some parts of the trip deserve to belong to only us. soz guys.



...

...
...






No comments:

Post a Comment