Sunday 17 March 2019

February 2019 | Lifestyle.

Hello hello, and happy March everyone! Can we just take a moment to think about the fact that it is March... MARCH sorry, where did the last 2 months go?! February has been a brilliant month for me so I hope it's been a good one for you too and that you've all had a wonderful Valentines day or Galentine's day! My lovely lover surprised me on Valentine's day with a homemade voucher to the Harry Potter Studios! I'm definitely thinking of saving this one for November when it's all Christmassy. Come to think of it February was a pretty busy one for me which I'm guessing is why it went by in such a flash so without further ado lets get into Feb.

The first weekend of the month was brilliant as we had a wonderful downpour of snow! It was soo beautiful and it just so happened to fall around Alex's birthday. We celebrated his birthday on the 2nd where I surprised him with a meal to our favourite restaurant Dim T. I also got him for his birthday a surprise trip to Budapest! We had been before but definitely not done the place any justice so that was an exciting trip to look forward to. We just had the best start to February and it was such a wonderful weekend.
The following weekend we were off on our holibobs to Budapest but before that Alex, his rents and I went to Pho for a belated birthday lunch for Al. We absolutely love Pho and it was so nice to take Alex's parents to experience it. 
I also treated myself to a shellac mani. Now, this is a treat I would like to get every month if possible. Nothing makes me feel like a pampered princess more than when I have my nails done and because they're quite weak it's nice to get gels to help them grow. Also, let's face it, girls, nothing is more annoying than chipped nail polish. Then we were off to Buda on the 10th-14th and I'll leave a link here where you can check out my post on Budapest.

The third weekend into Feb I finally did something that I've been meaning to do for years now and that was to open a credit card! This is been on my to-do list for far too long now! Ever since I started my first bullet journal back in January I've found myself to be so much more organised. I now write down absolutely everything that I think of and slowly but surely I start ticking things off from that 'never happens' list. You know the one ladies and gentlemen, the list of stuff that gets put on the back burner for forever. Yeah, well now I finally have one. I made the appointment I went in and it's done hurray!

Another one of those annoying to do things that never happens because you think 'oh I'll do that another time' got ticked off and that was to see a dermatologist. For so many months, even years I've put this off. It was such a chore finding the right person and actually even just affording it. Dermatologists are so expensive but now that I'm no longer paying off my Invisalign I can start to afford monthly treatments. I found a lovely lady in Ropley and so I've had my first consultation. The next step is the first treatment which begins in April so I'm very excited about that (my bank account isn't though).

And finallyyyy we're onto purchases made in February. We all know how amazing it feels when you've got new bits on the way. I know I certainly love the feeling of new items. Let's get the least exciting bits out of the way first -  Protein and BCAA's. I started my fitness journey in October of last year. I wanted to settle in before buying anything new for the gym and to also make sure I wasn't going to give up on it. Now that I've been going for 5 months I knew it was time to buy some protein. It's not the most delicious thing in the world but here's to the gainz!

Onto more exciting things,

  • iPad- I actually won a brand new iPad at work. It was raffled off for £200 (RRP £400) so I knew it would be stupid not to enter and I won! I never win anything so I was buzzing and yes okay I still had to pay £200 BUT it is a brand new 2019 iPad.
  • Mango items- I ordered x2 new jumpers from Mango. This one and this one. I'm obsessed with Mango I make at least one order a month.
  • Asos items- From Asos I got myself a new denim pinafore dress perfect for the transitioning seasons. I love pinafores with a turtle neck and boots. I also picked up a simple white top for every day wear especially with mom jeans.
  • Tickets to All Points East. As soon as we saw 'Mumford and Son's' we knew it had to be done so we ordered our tickets to the day festival All Points East. We went last year and it's such a lovely day out listening to music, chilling, drinking and eating yummy food.
  • Tickets to The London Coffee Festival - We bloody love coffee and as soon as I saw this was even a thing we were straight on it. I'm really intrigued by this festival because it'll either be really average or really interesting. Either way, it's not too expensive and it'll be a great day out so we're looking forward to that at the end of March.
  • Wireless, Bluetooth earphones- I picked up some new earphones for the gym. My phone was driving me mad as I had nowhere to put it whilst it was connected to earphones. So I made the order I had been putting off and my workouts haven't been the same! I have no distractions now.
TV favourites.
  • The Inbetweeners - throwback! Alex and I had this on in the background in Budapest as the TV had Netflix. I had forgotten just how funny they are. We ended up watching all 3 seasons and then again once back home. Unfortunately, we don't have the movies but we definitely would have watched them too. 
  • The Ted Bundy tapes. If you haven't seen these please do! There are only 4 episodes but you'll find yourself hooked from the start. 

I think that's about it for now! February was a fab month for me I really enjoyed it! I hope you all have a wonderful March and I'll speak to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment