Sunday 3 February 2019

January 2019 | Lifestyle.

Hello everyone and happy February! I'm sure most of you are happy to see the backside of January but in all honesty, I'm neither here nor there. January didn't feel at all slow to me which is a first.

Welcome to my first monthly blog post of the year. Like I said in my Farewell 2018 post something I would like to start doing throughout 2019 is to document every month. I reckon I'll really thank myself for these at the end of the year when I get to look back at everything! And who knows- someone out there might even enjoy reading this! I know I love being nosey about other peoples favourites and what they've enjoyed through the months.


So without further ado let's get into it.


January favourites.
  • Getting back into a routine. Don't get me wrong Christmas was wonderful, every day was different and it was good to do whatever I felt like. Having said that nothing beats starting the year afresh by getting back into that routine! Getting up at 7am weekdays and 9:30 weekends. I like to get up earlier at weekends so they feel longer. Getting back to the gym three times a week and working those muscles. Eating at the same times every day and eating well! Routine is dangerous but also a wonderful thing.
  • Spring clean. I love getting up all the Christmas decorations but I equally as much love taking it all down. It's like a new start you know. Like a spring clean. Taking them all down, packing them all away and putting them back into the loft until next year. Giving the room a good clean of dust, removing the Christmas bedding and generally just tidying up all the piles of everything.
  • Dermol 500 and Treclin 1%. I've been suffering yet again with acne for the past few months partially down to coming off the pill. My doctor prescribed me Dermol 500 face wash, as well as Treclin 1%/0.025% and my skin, has cleared up by 90%. I've still got scarring and I still get breakouts but they're not half as bad or as frequent.
  • Lucy Watson's Chickpea Tikka Masala. For as long as I can remember I've been trying to lead a healthier lifestyle. I cut dairy out of my diet about four/five years ago and only in the recent of years have I been trying to lower my meat intake. I'm not saying one day I'll be vegan but I would love to eat more of a plant-based diet as much as possible. This recipe is an absolute dream to make, it's very cheap and so tasty! Alex and I made a batch for dinner and used the rest for lunches at work. 
  • Vietnamese coffees. For Christmas, I bought Alex a traditional Vietnamese phin and Vietnamese coffee. We love Vietnamese coffee and it's something we really came to love during our trip there three ago. We recently discovered our love again at Pho during last summer and it was straight onto the Christmas list. He was thrilled on Christmas day and we haven't stopped drinking them.
  • The annual bonus at work. I seriously work for the best company ever and I will be forever grateful. To even be able to say I got a bonus at work when I've been there for six months blows my mind.
TV favourites.
  • Luther. We are obsessed with Luther and this new series did not disappoint. It was something to look forward to every day after work.
  • The Forest. Following on from Luther we became obsessed with The Forest on Netflix. If you haven't seen it check it out. It's a French murder mystery with plenty of plot twists.
  • The Sinner. We watched the first season a few years back which we thoroughly enjoyed! When we saw the release of season two we were straight on it. I definitely preferred the first season but the second one was just as clever and enjoyable to watch.
  • Obsessive-compulsive Country House Cleaners. SUCH a weird one I know but I cannot stop watching them!
What I enjoyed most.
  • The least January of Januarys. Something I have really enjoyed about January is how much it hasn't felt like January in comparison to last year. Last year's January felt too long like it was never going to end and I didn't feel rested from December. But I am actually really enjoying this January. It's good to be back at work, planning the year's adventures and just chilling really.
  • Starting a bullet journal. I'd never considered doing this and I have no idea where the idea came from but I decided to start one and it's the best thing I ever did. All I ever find myself wanting to do is journal! Every weekend, every evening - I'm addicted. 
What I didn't enjoy.
  • HP Sprocket. This makes me so sad! I received the HP Sprocket 200 for Christmas from Alex. It had been on my wishlist for about three years and my lovely boyfriend decided to surprise me with one. The first photo I printed was very pink looking. It was a photo of us in France and we certainly were not pink. After contacting HP they sent me a replacement but I'm still not convinced by the colour and quality. Having seen other reviews I believe it's just to be expected with such a small printer. None the less I will still use it from time to time. 
  • My poorly Nanny. The only scare we have had this month was my Nanny. She has sadly had cancer since last year March. She hasn't been particularly well this month and my Mum is currently with her taking care of her. It's so crap living so far away from her but we are going up in April for a week which I am so excited about.
January treats.
  • New bikinis. Yes, bikinis in January but I always find now is the time to buy the ones you like because come summer they're all gone! I got two pairs of bottoms and two tops as I like to mix and match everything. That saves me a little money in the summer!
  • A new shirt. I bought a corduroy shirt from Nasty Gal which I am obsessed with. The colour is beautiful, and I love the baggy style!
  • A new tinted moisturiser. I haven't worn foundation since last year July. I just hate the feeling of it on my skin but with my skin being in its current condition it takes me so long to get ready in the morning if I'm just using concealer. I picked up the Lancome Skin Feels Good foundation, and I just love it! 
Well, I think that's all for now folks! Tell you what I've really enjoyed looking back over the past month. It hasn't been particularly eventful but it certainly has been relaxing with a smooth entrance to 2019. I'm feeling really grateful and happy. Now, I've got February to look forward to with plenty in store to keep me one happy bunny!

xxx

1 comment:

  1. vesigard 15 mg is utilized for the treatment of an overactive bladder, a condition characterized by manifestations like an incessant sensation of a need to urinate, abrupt inclination to urinate, failure to control pee, spilling of pee, and so forth.

    ReplyDelete